Photographs by Vladimir PomortzeffToday it's almost impossible to be successful in professional bodybuilding without taking doping. Although officially nobody admits this fact, of course, an absolute majority of professional bodybuilders take illegal drugs more than regularly. Few years ago a new trend was separated from classical bodybuilding trying to rehabilitate the sport discredited with the long-time doping scandals. The new sport was named natural bodybuilding and its main difference from the classical one is a very strict control over the use of doping. Many countries have already separate federations of natural bodybuilding along with classical bodybuilding federations and national championships in the new sport are held every year.
1. Champion of the Czech Republic in natural bodybuilding Lukáš Hujsl preparing his body for the competition.
3. Silver medallist of the Czech national championship Jakub Milý preparing his body.
4. Bodybuilders warming up before the competition.
12. Championship of the Czech Republic in natural bodybuilding.
17. Champion of the Czech Republic in natural bodybuilding Lukáš Hujsl.
The photographs of this feature were shot in May 2010 during the National Championship of the Czech Republic in natural bodybuilding in České Budějovice, Czech Republic.
Copyright © 2010 Vladimir Pomortzeff